A lightweight Woocommerce extension to display how much your customers save on products. Amounts can be shown in currency and in percentage on shop pages, single product pages, and in cart. Convince your customers they have a good deal on your store by showing them how much they save.
You can easily enable or disable “You Save” badges on Woocommerce pages that you want or don’t want. Scroll down for screenshots.
This is an extension for Woocommerce plugin. This plugin only works correctly with Woocommerce active.
[ Live Demo ]
How it works
The plugin will show something like this on your store under product price (you can change these texts in the plugin’s settings page):
- You save 24%
- You save $10.90
- You save $10.90 (24%)
If you are using custom third party plugins to generate discounts and sales, it might or might not work with this plugin.
How the calculation is done?
This plugin calculates the difference between a product’s regular price and its sale price.
The regular price and sale price are taken from product data, which is a Woocommerce core feature (Product edit screen > Product data > General).
On which Woocommerce pages this is shown?
- Shop/product category/product archive pages
- Single product pages
- In cart (on each item in cart)
- Below cart totals
- Checkout page before placing an order
- Order detail page after order is received
- View order page
You can easily enable or disable “You Save” badges on any of the pages above. Go to Woocommerce > You Save to configure settings.
You can use shortcodes to display your “You Save” text badge anywhere you want it, like inside block editor, or other page builder elements. Please upgrade to PRO to use shortcodes.
- Upload plugin folder to
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin from your WordPress dashboard
Plugins > Add New.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to
Woocommerce > You Saveto configure settings.
Does this plugin have shortcodes?
Yes. You have to upgrade to PRO to use the shortcodes.
How do I put the ‘You save’ text on my product thumbnails to make it more noticeable?
We have this feature on the PRO version of the plugin. Please upgrade to PRO.
How can I translate the ‘You save’ text to my language?
You can either use the .pot file translation in the /languages directory, or just translate the text from the plugin’s main settings: Dashboard > Woocommerce > You Save.
How do I change or customize the ‘You save’ text?
Go to the plugin’s main settings: Dashboard > Woocommerce > You Save, you will be able to edit the text from this page.
Something is not working! Who can I contact?
You can create a thread here on the plugin’s WordPress.org forum.
Contributors & Developers
“You Save for Woocommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added additional check to catch fatal error for amount saved calculation functions.
- Tweaked option pages.
- Integrated compatibility to pro.
- Added colon symbol to badge’s custom text on checkout and view order page.
- Fixed border shadow style not appearing on the front end.
- Added an option to enable/disable ‘you save’ badge on homepage/frontpage.
- Added ‘you save’ text to checkout page, order detail page after order is received, view order page.
- Tweaked js for slightly faster ajax call on the frontend.
- Improved sanitation, validation, and escaping.
- Added styling options for users to easily style the You Save text badge.
- Integrated PRO features for more usability.
- Added new options to easily translate and edit texts.
- Restructured and improved user interface for plugin main settings.
- Enabled all options by default for first time plugin activation.
- Finetuned PRO compatibility.
- Added translation file .pot.
- Added PRO compatibility.
- Added settings to enable/disable ‘you save’ on certain Woocommerce pages.
- Added PRO compatibility.
- Initial release.