A powerful versitale lightweight stardate plugin with a wide array of functionalities for integrating stardates with your wordpress blog.
%stardate%permalink rewrite support for posts.
- Filter various date functions, to have them display stardate instead, or filter nothing at all, and use the…
<?php the_stardate() ?>function (or
<?php get_the_stardate() ?>) inside of your themes, to get posts stardate.
- Aapproximate stardate based on several different formulas and variants and sources (like trekguide and wikipedia), including XI (for modern movies), Star Trek Online, as well as Classic (from TNG, VOY …).
[stardate]will expand to the current timestamp in stardate fmt.
The stardate plugin by croakingtoad is supported to wordpress 3.0.5, and has not been updated in five years. Therefore this plugin reincorporates the features of that stardate plugin and adds more functionality besides.
- unpack the zip into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu
- From the options menu, configure the thing and press “make it so”.
- press the “Generate stardates” button to associate stardate with all old posts.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“wp-stardate” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Fix so that get_the_stardate may be called with no params (same as get_the_date). Fix formatting
Fix so that you can override get_the_date only when no formatting params are passed to it (which makes it work nicely with the default teams which uses
get_the_date in the
<date> tag for the post.)
Test for 4.7.4
Added Star Trek Online (SOL) stardate fmt. from comment by MartinSayles
First beta version with potential bugs in it.