So you’ve written some WordPress plugins and now you want to let your readers know about them?
The WP Download Counts plugin lets you do just that. It adds a sidebar widget which retrieves a list of your plugins and displays them along with the current download count (updated every 15 mins) and a link to each plugin’s listing in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Minimal configuration required – just a title and your WordPress username
- Plugins listed in order of the most-downloaded first.
- Plugin information cached for 15 minutes to minimize overhead
The plugin is simple to install and setup.
To install it, do the following:
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to “Plugins > Add New”
- Search for “WP Download Counts”
- Click “Install Now”
- Click “Activate Plugin”
That’s it, the wordpress plugin download counter should now be installed on your blog.
Now to setup the plugin:
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to “Appearance > Widgets”
- Drag the “WP Download Counts” widget to your sidebar
- Click on “WP Download Counts” to view the widget settings
- Add a title (such as “My WordPress Plugins”)
- Add your WordPress.org username
- Click “Save”
There’s nothing else to do. If you visit your site you should now see a listing of your published WordPress plugins.
- Wouldn’t “WordPress Plugin Download Counts” be a more accurate name?
It would, but WordPress no longer accept plugins with “WordPress” or “Plugin” in the title.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Download Counts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release