Embedding your Woobox promotions on your WordPress site has never been easier! This plugin allows quick and easy installation of your promotion with the use of shortcode [woobox] for embedding on WordPress.
Woobox helps you easily create powerful contests, sweepstakes, coupons, quizzes and more to grow your audience and amplify your marketing.
You could embed promotions on WordPress before, but the process was complicated and didn’t work for all types of users on WordPress. We wanted to simplify the process, so we created the Woobox plugin and made it available for all our faithful WordPress users. You create a promotion on Woobox, grab the WordPress shortcode and with the plugin installed on your WordPress site, just paste it into any post or page on WordPress and that’s it.
Don’t have a Woobox account? No problem! Join the 4 million brands that use Woobox by going to www.Woobox.com and create your free account today!
- Search for “Woobox” from the admin area of your WordPress site in “Plugins > Add New”.
- Remember to activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- What is Woobox?
Woobox is an online platform that helps you easily create and manage powerful contests, sweepstakes, coupons, quizzes and more to grow your audience and amplify your marketing. Learn more about Woobox.
- Why is this plugin useful?
With embed codes you need to make sure to be in the “Text” tab of the writing area. If a user is in the “Visual” (default) tab, the embed code will not work. Shortcodes will always work in either text editor.
- I already have a promotion using the old embed code! Will it still work on WordPress?
Yes! Your promotions will continue to function with no problem. Honestly, if you want to keep using the old method for embedding, that’s fine. We just created the shortcode, like it was said before, because it’s cleaner and simpler.
- Is it difficult to install and setup?
Nope, it’s so easy! Check out the Installation section to see just how easy it is.
- What parameters work with the shortcode, and what do they do?
- offer: The id of your promotion. This is found at the end of your Woobox URL (Woobox.com/abc123) Valid offer id would be promotion id “abc123”.
- style: Optional parameter that changes the way your offer is displayed on the page. Default value is “embed”, but can also be set to “popup” if you want to go that route.
- trigger**: Possible values: “enter” show when page loads; “exit” show when user is detected leaving page; “timer:8” show after a certain number of seconds (8 in this example);
- expire**: Determines how often (in days) the popup is displayed to any given user. Possible values: “-1” only show once ever; “0” always show; “1” once per day; “7” once per week;
**Only applies to “popup” style offers.
Now if that was over your head, no need to worry about it. Just install the plugin, copy the embed shortcode from Woobox after creating the promotion and paste it into WordPress and your promotion will look great!
- I need more help with the Woobox application building tool!
No problem at all, check out http://help.woobox.com/ for all of our support article and contact information.
- What if I need more help?!
Well, lucky for you Woobox offers exceptional support and we’re available at no extra cost to you. Our Support team can even talk over the phone or screenshare to walk you through the process and help you get your promotion up and running! Plus we can help with any question you might have about Woobox. Visit http://help.woobox.com/ and select “Contact Us” on the left hand side or email Woobox firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributors & Developers
“Woobox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release
- Added support for popup style offers.
- Added params argument to shortcode.
- Added support for new template styles.
- Enhanced for WordPress 5.
- Maintenance release (tested with latest WordPress).