VI: Include Post By – provides your pages and posts with shortcodes allowing you to display other pages and posts inside them either by their ID or by post category. Options to display title,meta,content,thumbnail,excerpt,footer.
More display options.
Taxonomy and post type agnostic
setable default thumbnail
grab the actual small thumbnail image for srcset
Shortcode for including a single post by its ID
[include-post-by-id id="123" link="true" moretext="Continue Reading" card="false" display="title,meta,thumbnail,content,excerpt,more,footer,all" display_header="title,meta,thumbnail,content,excerpt,more,footer,all" display_body="title,meta,thumbnail,content,excerpt,more,footer,all" display_footer="title,meta,thumbnail,content,excerpt,more,footer,all" image_size="thumbnail,medium,large,full,custom-image-size" class_inner="custom-class-name" class_header="custom-class-name" class_body="custom-class-name" class_footer="custom-class-name" class_thumbnail="custom-class-name" ]
- id = post to be shown
- link = whether the title/thubmnail are links to the post
- moretext = edit the text of the read-more link
- card = will set class names to bootstrap cards, no further class customization is required
- display[x] = display options as a CSV, order counts
- class[x] = a custom class name that will be added to each container element
Shortcode for including single/multiple posts by their category.
Every option required or used in the include-post-by-id will also pass through here.
This function will query the DB and then call include-post-by-id once for each resulting post.
Shown here are only the options which are unique to this function.
[include-post-by-cat cat="123" order="DESC" orderby="date" paginate=true perpage="5" offset="0" class_container="custom-class-name" ]
- cat = category to be shown
- order = sort order
- orderby = what to sort by
- paginate = true/false
- perpage = items per page. -1 = all
- offset = how many posts to skip, useful if you are combining multiple includes
- class_container = custom-class-name used in the wrapper element
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“VI: Include Post By” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
* update: aspect-ratio to use jQuery for simpler WP usage
* added: support for a choice in thumbnail size
* Update: display and class
* added: card = true for auto bootstrap class names
* added: display_header, display_body, display_footer. each internal element can be targeted to a header, body, and footer
* added: class for the header,body,footer, and thumbnail
* changed: thumbnail is now displayed as a background image in a container with styling set to a given aspect ratio.
* todo: may add suport for classic thumbnails
* Update: transients
* Only uses a single transient, and lookup. Offset is processed internally rather than putting the weight on a DB query.
* Update: paginate
* Page numbers and “…” now work properly under all tested circumstances.
* re-write was needed after the transient/offset changes.
* Fixed: offset now works as expected.
* Was previously only working for pageination, it now works with both pageination AND a starting offset.
* Updated Class names
* Fixing the ‘thumbnail’ and ‘more’ functions
* Added the custom class entry field that will place a class name in the wrapper element
* added the baility for the display input field to actually cause the output to be in that order
* fixed bug in include-post-by-id where display data was being cached between multiple executions
* tested and functional
* self contained code, not reliant on functions from outside WP core