I needed a way to display login form on the front page of a WPMU network if a person wasn’t already logged in, and a bit of info about the user, a list of their sites, a link to create a new one, and a link to logout. I could have done it by hacking the theme’s templates, but that locks you into a specific theme. With the shortcode, any theme can display this, on any page (or post, but why would you do that? whatever. it’s your site…)
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
Download the userinfologinshortcode.zip file to a directory of your
choice (preferably the wp-content/plugins folder)
Unzip the userinfologinshortcode.zip file into the wordpress
plugins directory: ‘wp-content/plugins/’
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Include the [user_info_login] shortcode in any page you wish to include the blog_members display. It may make the most sense to do this on the front page of the site.
- How do I use the plugin?
When you write or edit the content of a page, simply include
[user_info_login] (along with the brackets) whenever you want the info/login to
be displayed. Make sure you activate the plugin before you use the
- Why is the Info/Login stuff not displayed, even though I included the shorttag ?
The plugin probably has not yet been activated.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“User Info Login Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- fixing minor bug in multisite url generation for login/signup links
- cleaned up for non-multisite use (but really, this plugin is kind of useless outside of multisite)
- updated some of the display code so that it actually works now. again.
- First draft of the plugin. It’s not parameterizable yet.