Talki Embeddable Forums are the easiest way to add a forum, message board, or discussion board to your blog. This plugin will add a Forums page to your blog and allow your members to start their own conversations and topics on your site. The forums work with WordPress along with global login systems such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and a dozen others. Create your own discussion board in seconds.
Members will be automatically notified of their responses. You can promote members to moderator and admin status.
Suggest a feature at http://talki.uservoice.com/
Learn more at http://talkiforum.com/feature-tour/
- Customizable with CSS
- Easy-to-use Admin Panel
- Private and Public forums
- Email Notifications on new replies
- Automatic Security Patches and upgrades
- Permalinking support for sharing topics easily between members
- Ability to make announcements at the top of the forum
- Lockable topics
- Create as many sub-forums as needed
- Drag and drop ordering of sub-forums
- Supports Embedding of media such as Images , Video, and Flash
- Automatically brings a returning member to their last unread reply
The data of your forum will be hosted at http://talkiforum.com/ This plugin allows you to install our hosted forum service on your self installed wordpress installation.
WordPress Admin Panel
Automatic when done through your wp-admin panel (tutorial with screenshots)
- Unzip the compressed plugin
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You will now find a “Forum” tab on your site, and Talki Settings on your WordPress admin page Settings menu
- How do I customize it to my site?
The plugin will automatically try to detect the background color of your site, from white, black, green or any color in-between. We’ll shift around the text colors to make sure they are readable.
If you want to change the background color of your forum, you can set a div with a background color on the page your forum is embedded in and we’ll use that.
- I have a question
Go to http://help.talkiforum.com/ or email email@example.com and we’ll respond.
Contributors & Developers
“Talki Embeddable Forums” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Mar 21, 2012: Fixed issues when reinstalling Talki after removing the plugin or deleting a Forum page.
Feb 10, 2012: Updates for WordPress 3.0 and a couple of bug fixes.
May 19, 2010: Adds a “Recent posts” widget that can be used in the sidebar!
May 12, 2010: Fixed issues with some installs of new talki’s. No need to upgrade.
May 11, 2010: Fixed issue so “Editor” roles on WordPress are set to “Moderators” on the forum. Admins of WordPress are automatically Admins of the forum.
May 8, 2010: Fixes issues some WordPress installs had from not displaying forum, Uses email address assigned to users in WordPress for notifications, Displays proper name, And fixes background color detection on some themes, such as kubrik.
Apr 19, 2010: Fixed minor SSO bug in 1.1.0 release earlier today.
Apr 19, 2010: Added Single Sign-On (SSO). Login automatically happens for admins or members of the blog. Non-members will have the option of logging in with other accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Apr 14, 2010: First Public Release of Talki Embeddable forums