When activated, this plugin will add a button to the WordPress text editor to easily insert shortcodes to your posts or pages.
- Button – With many options including unlimited colors and Icons.
- Content Toggle – Maybe for an awesome FAQ page.
- Tabbed Content – Create tabbed sections for your content.
- Font Awesome Icons – 500+ icons and counting.
- Animations – Wrap anything with the animation shortcode and watch it come alive.
- Google Map – Display a map for any location on any post or page. Requires a Google API key for new sites.
- Notification Box – Have certain sections of text stand out by creating notices or alerts.
- Text Highlight – Quickly highlight sections of text to help more important words stand out.
- Columns – Separate your content with multiple column options.
- Spacing – Add space between sections on the fly.
- Progress Bar – Display a sliding progress notification bar
See a demonstration of the shortcodes on the Rescue Themes site.
We want to improve the Rescue Shortcodes plugin based on your feedback! Please let us know on the plugin’s Github repo and subscribe to our mailing list to get notified of new developments.
Font Awesome – http://fontawesome.io
Fonts: SIL OFL 1.1, CSS: MIT License – http://fontawesome.io/license
Wow.js – https://github.com/matthieua/WOW
MIT License – https://github.com/matthieua/WOW/blob/master/LICENSE-MIT
animate.css – https://github.com/daneden/animate.css
MIT License – https://github.com/daneden/animate.css#license
Waypoints – https://github.com/imakewebthings/waypoints
MIT License – https://github.com/imakewebthings/waypoints/blob/master/licenses.txt
- Upload the plugin to
/wp-content/plugins/. Alternately, you can download this package as a zip and upload it via the WordPress dashboard.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click the Rescue Themes icon in the WordPress text editor to display your shortcodes options.
- Where can I see the shortcodes?
See a demonstration of the shortcodes along with the shortcode structure on the Rescue Themes site.
Contributors & Developers
“Rescue Shortcodes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Rescue Shortcodes” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
2.5, April 5, 2019
- Tested with WordPress 5.1.1
2.4, October 9, 2017
- Enabled Icons to be displayed on buttons
2.3, March 20, 2017
- Updated Font Awesome to version 4.7
2.2.1, July 8, 2016
- Added API key support for Google Maps
2.2, Apr 22, 2016
- Updated Font Awesome to version 4.6.1
- Updated animate.css to version 3.5.1
- Updated translation file
2.1.1, Aug 10, 2015
- Updated to Font Awesome v4.4.0
2.1.0, Aug 6, 2015
- Fixed border radius setting for buttons
2.0, July 22, 2015
- Major refactoring of codebase
- Moved button into media bar with modal display. Shortcodes can now be applied to content from both the Visual and Text tabs
- Updated to WOW v1.1.2
- Updated to Animate CSS v3.3.0
- Localized text and added .pot translation file
- Replaced toggle shortcode open/close images with font icons
1.7.1, July 6, 2015
- Fixing update files
1.7, July 6, 2015
- Fixed typography inheritance
- Fixed Font Awesome version reference (4.3.0)
- Added unlimited color option for buttons
- Updated to Font Awesome v4.3.0
- Updated to wow.js to v1.0.3
- Updated to Font Awesome v4.2.0
- Updated to Font Awesome v4.1
- Added animation effects
- Added widget support
- Removed WP 3.8 support
- Updated links and added readme.txt
- Updated TinyMCE for WordPress 3.9
- Added Font Awesome Icons
- Initial release