Post Reading Time Estimate adds an estimated reading time to WordPress posts, pages, and custom post types; as seen on Medium. It also allows to choose what post types to display it on, change Words Per Minute to fit your audience read speed. It even comes with style settings including but not limited to Text Align, Font Weight, and Font Style!
You can access all plugin options on Settings → Reading Time Options screen in WordPress dashboard.
- 📖 Automatic calculation of reading time based on WPM settings.
- 🤔 Takes text rendered by shortcodes into consideration.
- 🔧 Allows changing basic settings, labels, and visuals!
- ✅ Compatible with WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg.
- 🥕 Free to use on unlimited sites. No strings attached.
- Upload the
post-reading-time-estimatefolder to the
- Activate it on
Pluginsscreen in WordPress dashboard.
- Upload the
- Does it work with all themes?
Sure thing! Post Reading Time Estimate creates very small footprint and is 100% compatible with your favorite theme.
- Can I add an estimate to custom post types?
Yes! You can choose post types in Settings → Reading Time Options.
- Can I change Words Per Minute easily?
It’s actually super-easy! Head over to Settings → Reading Time Options and change Words Per Minute (WPM) setting to any number.
Contributors & Developers
“Fully customizable Read Time Estimate for your posts, pages, and custom post types!” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.2.
- Minor changes.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.1.
- Fixed typo in readme.
- Added shortcode support. You can now use
[reading_time]shortcode to display reading time anywhere in your content.
- Initial release.