Powered by NerdTools.co.uk, this plugin will automatically and anonymously check the authors IP address against the NerdTools Bad Bots Intrusion & Spam Detection database.
If a match is detected no commenting will be allowed and a custom error message will be displayed instead, if no match is detected commenting will be allowed as normal.
More information can be found at http://www.nerdtools.co.uk/badbots/
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Head to ‘Settings’ then ‘NT BB Spam Defender’ and check the box to enable the plugin and add a custom error message if required and hit ‘Save Changes’
- That’s it you will now be protected from future known spammers
- How do I report spam authors to the database?
We have a seperate plugin to do this called NerdTools Bad Bots Spam Reporter which will automatically report the author of any comment classed as spam.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“NerdTools Bad Bots Spam Defender” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release
- Message added to prompt activation if plugin is installed but not enabled
- Minor grammar updates to readme.txt changelog and upgrade notice section