Allows the user to embed Vimeo movie clips by entering a shortcode (
) into the post area. Vimeo’s options regarding the display of meta properties like by-line, title, or the video author’s portrait are supported as short code attributes. We built this plugin as a solution for embedding videos on our site.
HTML5 embed code contributed by Gabriele Maidecchi. German translation by @talkpress.
- Enter the
short code into any post.
clip_idis the number from the clip’s URL (e.g.
- Optionally modify the clip’s appearance by specifying width or height, like so:
- Toggle the display of byline, portrait and title like so:
- Using empty values for either the
heightattributes will cause Lux Vimeo to calculate the proper dimension based on a 16:9 aspect ration. Example:
lux_vimeo.zipand upload the contained files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Vimeo Short Code” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bug fixes
- Remove deprecated old embedding method with OBJECTs
- Tested for WP 3.8.1-alpha compatibility
- Tested for WP 3.7-alpha compatibility
- Added attributes: byline, title, portrait, html5 (props Gabriele Maidecchi), color
- Fixed bug in dimension calculation.