This plugin tranforms WordPress into a powerful dealer website platform that makes displaying a vehicle inventory easy.
- Supports automobiles, motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, and boats
- Manage multiple lot locations and separate phone numbers & hours for each
- VIN-decoding add-on available
- Categorizes inventory by type, body style, fuel, transmission, drive type, availability, new or used, location, and more
- Includes more than 10 widgets including vehicle sliders and inventory grids
Built the right way and developer-friendly
- Custom post type
inventory_vehicleenables vehicle data imports
- Editor sidebar integrates custom fields into the block editor
- Adds columns to the posts list for vehicles for stock number, color, odometer, price, photo count, and thumbnail
- Implements 10+ custom taxonomies to group vehicles by year, make, model, type, body style, fuel, transmission, drive type, availability, new or used, location, and more
- Hooks in all the right places & powerful shortcodes
- Template tags make front-end development easy
- Runs on any theme & provides shortcodes for the stubborn ones.
- Full feature list & more documentation inventorypresser.com
This plugin provides 9 blocks.
- Hull Material
- Body Style
- Last Modified
- Interior Color
- Upload the
inventory-presserdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Read this plugin’s Frequently Asked Question called “Will Inventory Presser work with my theme?” to learn how vehicles can best be displayed
How much does this plugin cost?
This plugin is free and open source. Free and paid add-ons & services are available at https://inventorypresser.com/.
Does it decode VINs?
Not for free. A VIN decoder add-on is available at https://inventorypresser.com/products/plugins/vin-decoder/.
Can I import my inventory into this system?
Yes. We use the WordPress REST API to deliver inventory updates. Read how we do it. Vehicles in Inventory Presser are stored in a custom post type using meta fields, taxonomy terms, and photo attachments, and many CSV/spreadsheet importer plugins work with custom post types. If imports sound challenging, Friday Systems (that’s us) feeds hundreds of sites running this plugin. It may be easier to let Friday Systems handle the last leg for a monthly fee.
Will Inventory Presser work with my theme?
Yes. Check out our Theme Compatibility Guide. If your theme does not include templates to display listing pages and vehicle detail pages, the plugin will provide the markup for those pages automatically. There are shortcodes like
[invp_single_vehicle]as a last resort. A number of Template Tags make designing custom templates easy.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Inventory Presser” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- [Added] Adds template tags
- [Added] Registers all scripts and styles on the
enqueue_block_editor_assetshook so blocks can use them
- [Fixed] Adds & implements iFrameResizer.js in the [invp_iframe] shortcode instead of relying on the themes like _dealer to provide the library and resize iframes
- [Fixed] Bug fix when looking for an SVG file path in the Carfax Widget
- [Fixed] Bug fix in the
invp_get_the_transmission_speeds()template tag. The single
$post_idargument is now optional, matching all other template tags.
- [Fixed] Bug fix in the template tag invp_get_the_fuel_economy_value(), specify fuel 1 or 2 when retrieving the value.
- [Fixed] Adds CSS classes to the NextGear inspection report button so it matches the View Details button in archives.
- [Fixed] Fixes the Sort Vehicles By setting when “Date entered” or “Last modified” is chosen. These keys did not previously work.
- [Fixed] Fixes the registration of the new REST route at /wp-json/invp/v1/settings to specify a missing permission_callback.
- [Fixed] Bug fix in block category creation. Instead of all blocks ending up in “Widgets”, they now correctly group under “Inventory Presser”. This was intended for 13.7.0 but didn’t get shipped somehow.
- [Fixed] Avoid throwing warnings in the Map, Inventory Grid, and Inventory Slider widgets when widget settings and attributes are not provided or are unavailable.
- [Fixed] Allows our template provider class to help vehicle details pages work on more themes out of the box. No longer limits our hook on the_content to only run once for themes that fetch post content and apply the filter multiple times.
- [Fixed] Fixes the plugin update nag HTML for add-ons to better match the core plugin update nags. Removes a condition clause that was preventing the nag from showing on network admin plugin pages.
- [Changed] Changes tested up to version number to 5.9.2.
- [Added] Adds a shortcode [invp_vin] that outputs the value of the template tag invp_get_the_vin()
- [Added] Adds a REST API route at /wp-json/invp/v1/settings to expose the core “Show Carfax buttons” switch
- [Fixed] Bug fix in block category creation. Instead of all blocks ending up in “Widgets”, they now correctly group under “Inventory Presser”
- [Fixed] Prevents non-numeric characters from being entered in the Odometer field in the editor sidebar
- [Fixed] Prevent the Delete all Vehicles feature from deleting vehicles more than once if the user reloads the page after using the feature
- [Fixed] Starts populating the inventory_presser_date_entered meta value when vehicles are saved
- [Added] Adds a template tag invp_is_featured()
- [Fixed] Allows taxonomy filters to work when using the [invp_archive] shortcode at /inventory
- [Fixed] Adds support for querystring filters
max_odometerto the [invp_archive] shortcode
- [Fixed] Adds support for the Sort By setting and querystring parameters
orderto the [invp_archive] shortcode
- [Changed] Changes the “was now discount” price display to fallback to showing the price when the MSRP is empty or the difference is not a positive discount. Previously, the setting would fallback to “Call for Price” even if a price value was available.