The Inline Click to Tweet plugin allows post authors to highlight text content from the visual editor, and make it tweetable by click within the post or page.
How To Use
The plugin will add a button to the Visual Editor – just highlight the text you want tweetable, and click the twitter icon in the editor’s toolbar. You will be shown some customization options, and once you hit ‘OK’ a shortcode will be wrapped around the selected content. You will need to view or preview the post to see the styles applied.
- Use the default twitter-branded styles, choose your own brand color, or completely customize with CSS.
- URL shortening through goo.gl – more room for tweet content!
- Automatically truncates tweets to fit within Twitter’s 140 character limit.
- Attribute tweets to any handle (ex: via @yourhandle).
Inline Click To Tweet was built by Magnetic Creative
To manually install:
- Download the plugin .zip package
- Inside the WordPress admin, go to Plugins->Add New
- Click the “Upload Plugin” button in the upper-left corner
- Choose the plugin .zip package and click “Install Now”
- Once activated, the settings can be found under Settings->Inline Click to Tweet
- Can I customize the look of tweetable content?
The default tweet styling uses twitter’s own brand color and aims to be subtle but easily recognizeable. There is a color picker in the main settings panel that will let you override this with a color you select.
If you would like to style the tweetable content yourself with CSS, we have included an admin option which disables the default stylesheet. This will allow you total control without having to battle with CSS specificity.
Contributors & Developers
“Inline Click To Tweet” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial plugin launch