A simple plugin with no-backend interface, to clean up some dummy fields from user profiles edition and creation pages, focused on corporate purposes. The following fields are removed right after this plugin activation: Colors Profile, Keyboard Shortcuts, Toolbar, AIM, Jabber, Yahoo IM, Website URL, Biography Description and User Role (every new user is created as Subscriber)
Some contents was inspired on teachingyou.net
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the ‘Hide User Profile Fields’ Settings menu and enable it.
- How do I enable this plugin?
Once the plugin itself is installed, navigate to the ‘Hide User-Profile Fields’ Settings menu, check the lone checkbox, and click ‘Update Options’.
- How can I hide/unhide some specific fields?
You can’t, not through this plugin, but you can edit this as your needs.
Contributors & Developers
“Hide User Profile Fields” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Hide User Profile Fields” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Color Profiles and other checkboxes will also be hidden on this version.
- First published version.