This plugin allows you to assign a theme to a specific category. It is actually @MikeLopez’s code, I just tweaked it to work on WordPress 3+.
This version adds child theme capability, and the ability to assign a theme to a new category as it is created. It also ignores pages and the home page, so the current theme is applied there.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
gys-themed-categories-2folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the Categories page and edit a category.
- Choose a theme from the Category Theme drop-down menu
- Click Update!
Contributors & Developers
“GYS Themed Categories” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested in WP 3.2-3.3.2
- Adds child theme capability
- Adds the ability to assign a theme to a new category as it is created
- Now ignores pages and the home page, so the current theme is applied there
- Added plugin banner image 🙂
- Slightly modified by Luke Rumley (@lukerumley) to work in WordPress 3+
- Coded by Mike Lopez