Since Bonterra is looking to migrate all Salsa Engage clients off the platform by the end of 2023, we are no longer maintaining or enhancing this plugin. The plugin will continue to work in its current form until the end of 2023, when we will remove it from WordPress.org. If you are interested in custom support, please contact us at email@example.com.
To use this Add-On, you’ll need to:
- Have an licensed, active version of Gravity Forms >= 1.9.3
- Have a working Engage instance, as well as credentials for at least one administrative or api-level user
If you meet those requirements, this plugin is for you, and should make building new forms and passing supporter data into Salsa much easier than manually mucking with HTML provided by Salsa.
- Log into your WordPress account and go to Plugins > Add New. Search for “Gravity Forms Engage” in the “Add plugins” section, then click “Install Now”. Once it installs, it will say “Activate”. Click that and it should say “Active”. Alternatively, you can upload the directory directly to your plugins directory (typically /wp-content/plugins/)
- Navigate to Forms > Settings in the WordPress admin
- Click on “Engage API” in the lefthand column of that page
- Enter your organization’s Engage API token, which you can get by visiting Organization Settings -> API tab of your Salsa Engage account
- Once you’ve entered your Engage account details, create a form or edit an existing form’s settings. You’ll see an “Engage API” tab in settings where you can create a “Engage API Feed”. This allows you to pick and choose which form fields you’ll send over to Engage from the form. You also have the option of automatically putting form signers into segments, or setting some conditional logic to pick and choose which information gets sent.
Does this work with Ninja Forms, Contact Form 7, Jetpack, etc?
Nope. This is specifically an Add-On for Gravity Forms and will not have any effect if installed an activated without it.
What version of Gravity Forms do I need?
You must be running at least Gravity Forms 1.9.3.
What kinds of data can this pass to Engage?
Right now, this Add-On is strictly for passing constituent data to Engage. It does not support advocacy or other forms.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Integration for Salsa Engage and Gravity Forms” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Corrected language in the end-of-support warning.
- Added a user-facing warning that support is ending for this plugin.
- There is now a button on the add-on settings screen that allows users to clear locally cached Engage data (i.e. the list of available segments/groups)
- When editing an Engage feed, segments/groups will now be sorted alphabetically by name
- Engage feeds can now be configured to add donation data to Engage, for form entries that contain payment data
- Initial release.