When creating a menu under the “Appearance -> Menus” tab it allows you to double click to expand and collapse a menu tree.
This is particularly useful for large menus or menus with many different sub trees that take up screen space.
Minimized menus will be saved as a cookie so when you return they should be minimized again.
- A browser that supports the :after CSS selector is required to show the minimized indicators (IE7 and IE8 may not show them).
- Images to show collapsed menus rather than just a blue marker.
- Double-click visual feedback.
- your ideas!
Drop into either your /mu-plugins/ directory, or your plugins directory and activate it.
- Upload the
expandable-menusdirectory to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress (if placed in the the
- Create a menu with some children elements and double click the parent.
- None yet
- Why isn’t this working?
- Have you tried double clicking? A lot of people dont understand you have to double click to minimize as there wasn’t initially an indicator telling you to do so.
Contributors & Developers
“Expandable Menus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Expandable Menus” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First Release.
- Fixed icon alignment issue.
- Supports over 200 menus now.
- Different indicators on hover and when minimized
- Saves minimized menus in a cookie so you don’t have to minimize every time the page is loaded.