Embed Sendy allows you to embed subscription forms for Sendy through different methods, including a widget, shortcode, or as a Gutenberg block.
- NEW: Added Google Recaptcha support
- NEW: Customize Form Field Labels
- Support multiple lists, so you can offer subscription for different lists in different scenarios
- AJAX submission for forms, option to enable/disable
- Comes with default form styles, with option to disable
- Automatically add the subscription form before/after each post or page.
- Add content to before/after form
Why another Sendy plugin?
I am aware that there are a number of plugins already available for Sendy. Embed Sendy focuses on flexibility add the form in different scenarios where it can be useful and convert more subscribers.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Embed Sendy
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings > Embed Sendy and configure the options
- Insert the form through a widget, shortcode or Gutenberg block.
How do I use the widget?
Head to Appearance > Widgets, and look for ‘Embed Sendy’ widget and insert it in the desired widget area. You may also choose which list mailing list to subscriber users to.
How do I use the shortcode?
You can use the shortcode with
[embed_sendy]tag. It also accepts a
listargument with list ID as its value.
How do I use the Gutenberg block?
Head to the Gutenberg editor and look for ‘Embed Sendy’ block. You can also search for
newsletterwhile adding the block.
Current the Embed Sendy block offers following options:
- Mailing list
- Background Color
- Text Color
How do I change text before/after the form
There is a specific section to edit the default texts that appears before and after the form. To change it, head to Settings > Embed Sendy > Form Settings.
Does this plugin include Sendy?
No. Sendy is sold separately, please head to Sendy website to purchase a license and installation instructions. This plugin simply offer integration to Sendy.
Contributors & Developers
“Embed Sendy” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Embed Sendy” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Embed Sendy” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- New: Add support for Google Recaptcha v3
- Fix: Conflict with commit submit button ID on single posts/pages
- Fix: Incorrect type when returning subscribers (props @AdelDima)
- Improvements: PHP7.4 compatibility
- Fix: GDPR field always returning false
- Fix: Fix undefined notice when GDPR field is off
- New: Options to customize form field labels
- New: Added uninstall.php to remove plugin options on uninstall
- Fix: Error on plugin activation for first time (props @ebinnion)
- Fix: Ensure default option for setting is always returned
- Fix: Make name field optional during submission
- Improve: Change translation domain to match plugin slug (props @Tomáš Jenej)
- Improve: Display full name in name field instead of username for logged-in users
- Fix: Error on activation if options are empty, show a notice instead.
- New: Added support for Google Recaptcha 🎉
- Improve: Much improved form validation and security
- Improve: Show form messages before submit button
- Fix: Form not showing up the errors on frontend
- Fix: Honeypot field
- New: Added support for Name field
- New: Added support for GDPR consent
- Fix: Issue with honeypot field
- Fix: Set correct data for ‘referrer’ field
- Fix: Possible thrown errors when no sendy lists exist
- Improve: Compatible upto WordPress v5.2
- Improve: Sendy Gutenberg block to show/hide new Name/GDPR fields.
- Improve: Better error handling when no lists are set
- Improve: Better and secure ajax submission
- Tweak: Compatibility with Gutenberg 3.5
- Fix: Incorrect Honeypot field
- Initial release