Uses custom post types to manage slider items, shortcode to insert.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
dvs-sliderdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- (Optionally) Create image size for slider: Place
add_image_size('for_slider', 600, 400, true);in your template’s
functions.phpto create an image size for slider. Name it whatever you want. You may also change width and height. Note: To enable post thumbnails, the current theme must include
<?php add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' ); ?>
- From Settings -> Dvs Slider, enter image size name. This image size will be used while fetching slider images.
- Using Dvs Slider Images menu, create slider items. Don’t forget to enter caption, link, order and featured image.
- Use shortcode
[dvs_slider]in your page/post/etc to insert slider.
- Published slider images will be shown in slider in order.
- Does it really need WordPress 3.5 to work?
I don’t know, I haven’t tested it. Probably it’ll work with 3.x versions.
- How can i modify initial slider options etc… ?
js/init.js -> you may change nivoSlider default options
partials/slider.php -> actual slider template
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“DVS Slider” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial commit