You’re probably here because you forgot to disable the ‘Discourage Search Engines’ option in the settings.
I know exactly how you feel.
When you’re developing a website, it’s a good idea to enable the option ‘Discourage Search Engines’ via ‘Settings > Reading’. But disabling it afterwards is pretty easy to forget. No worries! After activating this easy and lightweight plugin, you’ll see a dashboard notification whenever the ‘Discourage Search Engines’ is enabled. If the setting is disabled, you’ll see nothing at all.
Just perfect! Especially for when you’re a developer.
Suggested by Flux.
Download and install this plugin via your WordPress dashboard. After activation, you’ll see a notification when the option ‘Discourage Search Engines’ is enabled in your settings > reading. If it’s disabled, you’ll see no notification at all.
Upload the folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
Activate the ‘Discourage Search Engines – Dashboard notification’ plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Discourage Search Engines – Dashboard notification” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Discourage Search Engines – Dashboard notification” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Discourage Search Engines – Dashboard notification” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
-== Version 1.5.3 ==-
– Tested up to WordPress version 5.9
-== Version 1.5.2 ==-
– The admin notice is now only visible to admins.
-== Version 1.5.1 ==-
– Added a notification that your website is being indexed.
-== Version 1.4 ==-
– Some parts are rewritten for a better experience.
-== Version 1.3.2 ==-
– Changed the language text for settings-link in notification.
-== Version 1.3.1 ==-
– Fixed misplaced dot (language fix).
-== Version 1.3 ==-
– Added a link to ‘Settings > Reading’ in the dashboard notification to quickly navigate and enable indexing again.
-== Version 1.2 ==-
– Possibility to translate this plugin into your language. Are you a polyglot? Don’t hold back ;-).
-== Version 1.1 ==-
– Add settings link to ‘Settings – Reading’ to easily change the ‘discourage search engines’ option.
-== Version 1 ==-
– Release to the public / ENJOY!