BVD Social Feeds is a WordPress plugin that displays any public Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram feed on your website. The plugin is designed to be easy and quick to setup. Each social network can be signed into individually and there are several options to customize the displayed feed. Each feed has its own shortcode that is used to display the feed.
This plugin is required to contact external servers and services to function properly. The plugin will contact our web service to assist in connecting to your social accounts. The plugin will also contact the associated social accounts as required. Passwords or not logged or saved. Only the required tokens and user ID’s for performing feed lookups are stored remotely. This tokens can be deactivated by the social account holder at any time.
For custom modifications, please contact us at http://b-v.design. Please use the plugin support forum for any issues or public requests you have.
- Install the plugin through the Add Plugins directory in your WordPress admin or upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the pages for the social networks that you want to use and log into your account.
- Review the available settings.
- Place the shortcode where you want the feed to display following the instructions found in the Shortcode and Shortcode Options tab.
- Does the plugin contact external servers?
Yes, the plugin is required to contact external servers and services to function properly. The plugin will contact our web service to assist in connecting to your social accounts. The plugin will also contact the associated social accounts as required. Passwords or not logged or saved and only the required information for performing feed lookups is stored.
- Do I need to set up an app to display a feed?
No. BVD Social Feeds does not require a user to set up an app in order to display a feed. A user simply has to log into their account to obtain an access token.
- Does the plugin store my account password?
No. Account login is done on the social network’s server. The BVD Social Feeds plugin never sees your password.
Contributors & Developers
“BVD Easy Social Feeds & Images” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- BVD Social Feeds is released.
- Removed all secret tokens from code
- Updated readme.txt
- Added a drop down with all Facebook pages a user manages for easy page feed selection.
- Made all feed images load over https.
- All links included in feed content are actual links and Twitter user mentions and hashtags are also links.
- Added an option to show a button to link back to the account.
- Added many more desgin options to help control the look of the feeds.
- Added more shortcode options.
- Fixed a Facebook feed issue where images were not being displayed for shared links.