Requires BuddyPress 1.7+ and PHP 5.3+.
The BuddyPress Groupblog plugin extends the group functionality by enabling each group to have a single blog associated with it. Group members are automatically added to the blog and will have blog roles as set by the groupblog admin settings.
- P2 integration and frontend posting.
- Admin can set Template specific groupblogs.
- Allow group admins choose the desired template page themselves.
- Full blog theme integration. The included bp-groupblog theme mimics the group pages.
- Automated blog registration at group creation stage.
- Bypass default blog validation to allow dashes, underscores, numeral only and minimum character count.
- Blog privacy settings are initially inherited from group privacy settings.
- Group members are automatically added to the blog.
- Blog roles match group roles as set by the group admin.
- Solid error checking that the blog follows validation.
- Group admin tab to access the group-blog settings.
- Blog themes will have the ability to pull in group info and create a theme that could resemble the group exactly.
- Leaving the group will downgrade the member role to ‘subscriber’.
- Allow the group admin to select one of his/her existing blogs.
- A new ajax backend.
1) unzip the bp-groupblog.zip file into
2) move all the themes in
bp-groupblog/themes/ to your WP themes folder
3) activate the plugin
4) run through the admin setup options
5) You are done!
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Groupblog” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- When a user leaves the group, remove them altogether from the group blog.
- Fix cache invalidation problem that caused a failed attempt to fetch a deleted group.
- Internal improvements to reduce direct database queries.
- Improved compatibility with PHP 8+.
- Improved compatibility with latest versions of WordPress.
- Improved translator comments.
- Improvements to inline documentation.
- Use group avatar on Site Directory for groupblogs, rather than creator user avatar.
- Allow query args for page butons on blog tab to be filtered.
- Fixed activity stream behavior for comments from non-logged-in comments.
- Fixed redirectblog behavior for hidden groups.
- Improved values passed to filters.
- PHP compatibility fixes.
- Bumped PHP requirement to 5.3 and BuddyPress requirement to 1.7.
- Added support for comment activity recording.
- Fixed activity pagination on BP groupblog templates.
- Bumped BuddyPress version requirement to 1.5
- Fix bugs related to groupblog role sync when joining/leaving a group
- Improved compatibility with BP 2.6+
- Improved accessibility for radio buttons
- Update group last_activity when groupblog post is created
- Removed duplicate CSS selector in nav item
- Improved compatibility with BuddyPress 2.2.0
- Allow some simple HTML in groupblog post titles in activity stream
- Add ‘new_groupblog_post’ type to activity filter dropdown
- Better wording for activity filter dropdown
- Prevent fatal error when blogs or activity component is disabled
- Don’t suggest blog domains longer than 63 characters, for better standards compliance
- Delete groupblog activity item when the groupblog post is deleted
- Improved compatibility with PHP 5.4+
- Fixes duplicate activity items on some setups
- Allows activity commenting based on global bp-disable-blogforum-comments setting
- Corrects activity link URL for groupblog activity items
- Improved CSS for theme previews
- Improves performance when setting up group with JS disabled
- Fixes problems with groupblog redirects
- Ensures that blog roles are repaired when users are banned or removed from a group
- Security improvements
- Fixes some markup, deprecated function calls, and PHP variable reference bugs
- Fixes a number of bugs related to group member syncing and groupblog URLs on certain setups
- Fixes bug with blog autojoin
- l18n improvements
- Fixes switch_to_blog() bug
- Impovements to consistency of menu display
- Refactors the process that adds members to group blog, to improve performance with large groups
- Fixes bug that caused blog post activity to be posted to the incorrect group on some setups
- Allows group admins to specify blog address and title at the time of creation
- Ensures that ‘Enable group blog’ checkbox is checked when returning from a failed blog creation
- Enables admins to ‘uncouple’ groups from blogs
- Compatibility with BuddyPress 1.5
- Cosmetic changes to the P2 BuddyPress to match the default BuddyPress
- Bug fixes related to blog autojoining
- Added support for subdomains, big thanks to Lemmy
- Added the ability to select layout for group admins
- Added check to make sure Layout options are only available to P2 BuddyPress theme
- Generated a new pot file
- Generated a new pot file
- Fixed readme
- Fixed template page creation on existent blogs with missing template pages or matching page titles.
- Fixed Blog tab visibility based on redirect
- Added code to set front page under ‘reading’ admin setting when template layout is used.
- Changed the descriptions a bit under the settings menu.
- Fixed users being added properly to the group blog.
- Fixed user rights applied to correct blog. The main blog is no longer affected.
- Fixed hidden and private groups to allow member joining.
- Overhaul of the admin section
- Inclusion for P2 support
- Variety of new options, including template control
- Made compatible with 3.0 asaik
- Sorry I neglected this plugin for a while and did not transcribe the changes.
- Restructed templating. To control the sidebar of your group, you will need to move the bp-groupblog/groupblog folder to buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/.
- Changed group template behavior and structure
- Added admin option to redirect to Blog Home within the Group
- Groupblog were not created for existing groups, now fixed
- Fixing the issue above also solved main blog posts within groups
- Made it compatible with WPMU 2.9 / BP 1.2
- Moved the moment when the blog is actually created to the group save step
- Updated the included theme to reflect the new BP Default theme
- Added new admin option, such validation overrides and redirect option
- Prevented group creator from demoting him/herself to anything lower than administrator.
- Reworked all the code regarding adding users to the groupblog
- Users are now immediately added on group join (No more visiting the blog first!)
- Promoting, Demoting, Banning and Unbanning directly adjusts the member permissions
- Big thanks goes out to Boone for developing much of the needed code!
- Added missing registration hook, to ensure default settings are set.
- Removed unnecessary code, fixing mysql errors.
- Added Blog links menu.
- Changed the local to use ‘groupblog’ in group template files.
- Added a function to check BuddyPress is loaded first
Updated language files
- Added admin settings screen. You can now set the default groupblog theme, plus some bonus options.
- Changed some code here and there.
- Including a groupblog theme based on the bp-sn-parent theme. You can use this theme to make wpmu blogs resemble the BuddyPress group and display group related content inside the groupblog theme.
- Added a message to inform the user that a groupblog is only chosen once.
- Fixed a bug where the member roles were not being updated upon group creation.
- Added file_exists to various files, so templates can be overridden in the theme. This also means we had to move the resource folders back into the theme folder.
- Now using plugin-template.php, so there is no longer a need to move the groupblog folder to the active theme folder. Also updating the plugin through the wordpress plugin interface now works without problems.
- Updated language files.
- Improved jquery handeling on check boxes and radio buttons.
- If a member leaves the group they will now be downgraded to ‘subscriber’.
- Added template tags: groupblog_blog_id($group_id), get_groupblog_blog_id($group_id), groupblog_group_id($blog_id), get_groupblog_group_id($blog_id)
- Group admin now has the option of either creating a new blog or associating one of his blogs with the new group.
- Moved css, images and js folders to the theme folder.
- Added Jquery to give feedback to user input.
- Fixed a bug which would cause the group creator to be demoted to subscriber of his own blog if member blogging.
- اﻹصدار اﻷولي
The changelog can also be found here: