Display photos from a Pinterest user or pin board with the Alpine PhotoTile for Pinterest. The photos can be linked to the your Pinterest page, a specific URL, or to a Lightbox slideshow. Also, the Shortcode Generator makes it easy to insert the widget into posts without learning any of the code. This lightweight but powerful widget takes advantage of WordPress’s built in JQuery scripts to create a sleek presentation that I hope you will like. A full description and demonstration is available at the Alpine Press.
Alpine Photo Tile for Pinterest Features:
- Display type: Carousel, Cascade, Floor, Wall, Fift, Bookshelf, Gallery, Vertical, Window
- No Shortcode management. Generate on-the-fly.
- Display Pinterest images in a sidebar, post, or any custom post type
- Include Pin It button
- Multiple styles to allow for customization
- Lighbox feature for interactive slideshow (Fancybox, prettyBox, or ColorBox)
- Simple instructions
- Widget & shortcode options
- Feed caching/storage for improved page loading
Quick Start Guide
- After installing the plugin on your WordPress site, make sure it is activated by logging into your admin area and going to Plugins in the left menu.
- To add the plugin to a sidebar, go to Appearance->Widgets in the left menu.
- Find the rectangle labeled Alpine PhotoTile for Pinterest. Click and drag the rectangle to one of the sidebar containers on the right.
- Once you drop the rectangle in a sidebar area, it should open to reveal a menu of options. The only required information for the plugin to work is a Pinterest ID. Enter this ID and click save in the right bottom corner of the menu.
- Open another page/window in your web browser and navigate to your WordPress site to see how the sidebar looks with the Alpine PhotoTile for Pinterest included.
- Play around with the various styles and options to find what works best for your site.
- Add caption to display
- More design layouts
- More Popup designs
alpine-photo-tile-for-pinterestfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the widget like any other widget.
- Customize based on your preference.
I’m getting the message “Pinterest feed was successfully retrieved, but no photos found”. What does that mean?
This message simply means that while no distinguishable errors occurred, the plugin found your feed to be empty.
I’m getting the message “Pinterest feed not found. Please recheck your ID”. What does that mean?
This message can mean two things. First, it can indicate that the username or custom url were input incorrectly, causing the feed to fail. In this case, you should try to correct and re-save your IDs.
Second, this message can also mean that the server your WordPress site is being hosted on has prevented the feed from being retrieved. While it is rare, we have encountered web-hosts that disable the feed fetching functions used in the PhotoTile plugin. If this is the case, there is nothing we can do to override or work around the settings on your host server.
Is there a shortcode function?
Yes, rather than explaining how to setup the shortcode, I’ve created a method of generating the shortcode. Check out the Shortcode Generator on the plugin’s settings page ( Settings->AlpineTile: Pinterest->Shortcode Generator).
Why doesn’t the widget show my most recent photos?
The plugin caches or stores the Pinterest feed for three hours. If the new photos have still not appeared after this time, it is possible that Pinterest is responsible for the delay. While Pinterest is fairly prompt about updating photo feeds, periods of high traffic (especially on weekdays between 10am and 4pm) can cause a delay in feed updates.
Can I show more than 25 photos?
Sorry but no. Pinterest has not yet released an official api and so the feeds are limited to 25 pins.
If you have any more questions, please leave a message at the Alpine Press.
I am a one-man development team and I distribute these plugins for free, so please be patient with me.
Contributors & Developers
“Alpine PhotoTile for Pinterest” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added option for Equal height
- Added option to set autoplay speed
- Fixed Carousel option for widget
- Responsive fixes
- Added Carousel option
- Fixed all code to work with WP 5.4
- Skipped due to issues with commit
- Development Restarts.
- Obsolete code removed.
- End of development notice
- Pinboard RSS fix
- Fixed Admin Tabs
- Pretty Photo Update
- Load files before APTFFbyTAP_widget_register()
* jQuery backwards compatibility ( .bind() function for jQuery v1.6.3 and less )
- Check compatibility with WP 3.8
- Small CSS changes (Padding and hover white background)
- Replaced deprecated jQuery APIs ( .load() and .browser )
- Updated prettyPhoto and colorbox
- Error reporting for fetch_feed and SimplePie attempts
- Fixed jQuery bug (Removed all <> tags from inline scripts)
- Add stripslashes text sanitization
- Changed lightbox parameters option from CSS to stripslashes sanitization
- Added feed fetch with wp_remote_get and simplexml_load_string
- Due to Pinterest size notation changes, changed 75px size to 75×75
- Added fallback to dynamic style and script loading using jQuery
- Various small fixes
- Moved cache location
- Updated ColorBox plugin
- Set Object params to private and implemeted set, check, and get function
- Implemeted do_alpine_method call
- Created active options and results functions
- Added meta and settings links
- Restructured plugin objects and reassinged functions
- Object oriented message, hidden, etc.
- Added option to disable right-clicking on images
- Added updateGlobalOptions and removed individual option calls
- Added donate button
- Fixed lightbox param option
- Fixed cache retrieval
- Added FancyboxForAlpine (Fancybox Safemode)
- Added choice between Fancybox, prettyBox, and ColorBox
- Added hidden options, including custom rel for lightbox
- Added aspect ratio options for gallery style
- Added key generator function
- Added get_image_url() functions
- Object oriented id, options, results, and output storage
- Object oriented display generation
- Rebuilt admin div structure
- Fixed admin css issues
- Rebuilt plugin structure into OBJECT
- Combined all Alpine Photo Tiles scripts and styles into identical files
- Improved IE 7 compatibility
- Added custom image link options
- Added Fancybox jQuery option
- Fixed galleryHeight bug
- Cache filter for .info and .cache (V2)
- Load styles and scripts to widget.php only
- Added options page and shortcode generator
- Added highlight, highlight color option, cache option, and cache time
- Made option callbacks plugin specific (not global names)
- Edited style layouts
- Enqueue JS and CSS on pages containing widget or shortcode only
- Added function and class check before call
- Fixed AJAX menu plugin loading problem
- Changed “per row” and “image number” options
- Added int high and low to sanitization function
- Repaired photo linking issue with rift and bookshelf styles
- Added height option to gallery style
- Renamed functions where needed
- Custom display link (and removed display link option from Community source option)
- Added “wall” style
- Added caching functions
- Added Pin It button
- First Release