This plugin is very useful if you have a lot of categories (or custom taxonomies) in more then one level.
It helps to see the only the first level categories at first. You can open the submenus by click on the +buttons
* Submenus are collapsed-in by default, except they have selected sub-items
* The number of sub-items are displayed
* Toggle (open/close) the submenus by + / – buttons
* The font is bold if there are sub-items
* It works with any custom taxonomy too
It’s very lightweight plugin. A simple solution by adding few lines of CSS an JS to the admin-area. less code, simple work. 😉
You found a bug or have any questions or wishes? Please let me comment there OR submit bugs and patches to https://github.com/nos3b3ar/admin-category-tree
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- That’s it! Look at the Category-View e.g. in “New Post”
nothing here yet 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Category Tree” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
* The number of sub-items is now displayed
* Parents with selected sub-items are open
- Tested for WordPress 5.4.1
- Now, a selected item no more jump’s out of the tree to the top of the menu.
Refactored Code and updated readme
- First version